RELIC GUITARS UK BY SMOKETREE GUITARWORKS
Custom and Relic Aged Custom Guitars and Parts!
Welcome to Relic Guitars UK. We set up to provide the discerning guitar player with a custom guitar playing experience without having to pay vintage or USA custom shop prices.
So 'relicing' then....that's just attacking a guitar with a screwdriver.
No! All of our guitars and parts are aged or reliced with care and skill to simulate years of natural playing wear. We believe that our guitars would stand up to close scrutiny to the big USA custom shops and their relic guitar finishes. While we can't give you a real 1950's maple necked beauty...we can get you as close as possible!
We relic each guitar by hand and as naturally as possible. We've been lucky enough to have our hands on some real 1950's/60's guitars and have painstakingly tried to recreate the natural relic aged patina of those fine old instruments.
Visit our prices page for stock and pricing information!
WHY CHOOSE US?
* We use quality tone woods - Swamp Ash and Alder.
* Our bodies and necks are accurately based on the originals dimensions and shapes .
* We use quality top of the range hardware and pickups based on period specs.
* All our guitars, bodies and necks are finished with 100% Nitro-Cellulose Lacquer in period correct colours.
* Our guitars are set up and tested to the highest standard before shipping.
* We are happy for guitarists to play demo our guitars before they purchase their own instrument. All our guitars come with a 1 year warranty on parts and electrics and come with a signed certificate of authenticity. Quality Tweed cases are available for £70 extra.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer a range of guitar bodies and necks as well as complete instruments. All our parts and complete instruments can be ordered in three levels of ageing, including our unique 'shipwreck finish' using reclaimed and old growth wood.
We offer 3 of the classic guitar body outlines in a range of woods & finishes:
Contact us for more information about the options available!
RELIC FINISH OPTIONS
For those that prefer a lighter relic finish. This finish looks like a guitar that has been well cared for over the years. Has some light dings and slight weather checking but no major wear marks
For those that prefer a heavier relic finish. This finish looks like a guitar that has been well played over the years. Has some heavy wear areas, dings and weather checking.
This is one of our special finishes and can come in a variety of forms but is inspired by a nautical theme. The finish can be distressed wood or a specialist paint that contains real metal pigments that age and distress the way real metal would if left to the elements.
This is one of our special finishes and will vary depending on the type and age of wood used. The finish is a special distressed finish that replicates years of being exposed to the elements. The special finish actually changes the chemical composition of the wood and brings out the natural tannin, just like wood that has been outside for decades.
Visit our Prices page to see current deals and stock!
South Woodham Ferrers
Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm
Saturday: 9am - 4pm
Sunday: 9am - 3pm